TFT House Rules: Death and Dying
Death and Dying
People die very easily in TFT. It is difficult to put a lot of effort into a character if you know that he'll die quite easily. Therefore, the following system will be used.
A character who has 0 ST left is unconscious and badly wounded. But the character may survive without assistance. Someone with negative ST left is unconscious and dying, but might survive if helped by a friend.
Someone with 0 ST left, or someone with negative ST assisted by a friend, must roll an 8 or better on 2d in order to survive. The roll is modified as follows:
- Subtract 1 from the roll for every ST point below 0.
- +2 if a physicker is assisting the person, +3 for a master physicker, and +1 for a person with First Aid talent.
- +1 if a second physicker is assisting the person, +2 for a master physicker.
- +1 for every 2 Healing potions (maximum of 4) used while trying to save the person. These potions will not restore any ST.
- -1 for every minute the person has not been helped.
Modify for original ST as follows:
ST Modifer 1-8 -1 9-11 0 12-14 +1 15+ +2
A roll of 2 always means death. There is no automatic save.
Assisting someone takes 5 uninterrupted minutes.
A person who makes the roll will remain unconscious for several hours. When they do wake up, they will be extremely weak (0 ST) and unable to do most tasks (-5 DX).
A person who makes the roll will take at least 5 weeks to recover totally, even if all ST is restored before then. The -5 DX penalty will drop by 1 every week the person rests, so after 5 weeks the person is considered to be completely recovered.